Wednesday 23 June 2010

Lost

I'm a huge Lost fan....well I was a huge Lost fan....no I still am a huge Lost fan. Now that it's ended I feel at a bit of a loss. I started watching back when it was first aired over here in 2005 and I was living in Coventry at the time. Life was pretty shit up there so it was one of the few things I'd look forward to each week.

Me and Adam were hooked from the start and the last episode in season 1 left me so frustrated and horrified. The second season I remember felt pretty long and boring but it soon picked up pace again and although by the end of season 6 it felt like a very different show to me I was just as hooked at the end as I was at the start.


Now I don't have Sky so sometimes watching Lost for us was a pain in the arse but we always managed it. But the all important last episode was the ultimate stress for me. We downloaded it as soon as it aired in America but just as we settled down to watch it we realised we'd only got half of it which meant another 24 hours to wait! I insisted we get up at 5am just so that we could watch the finale before I had to go into work. I did not want anyone to let slip what happened!

The last episode wasn't the end I wanted. Now don't get me wrong, I bloody loved it. I cried a lot too. I didn't even mind that some questions were left unanswered. I just don't think it made 100% sense. As Jack watched that plane fly overhead I actually wanted it to explode because in my mind if they were all dead it would have worked better. The best thing about the whole episode was the "Flying Jack punch" (that's what it's known as in our house anyway) and it can be viewed here at about 36 seconds in:


We're now watching every episode through again. We've done season 1 and I'm loving it. I forgot how funny the first few seasons actually were, there are some amazing one-liners. Watching from the start has made me realise a few things though. Firstly, Charlie is not Irish. I spent all those years thinking my favourite character was bloody Irish! I'm a tit. Secondly, and this actually occurred to me in season 5, Jack Shepherd is unbelievably fit and I wasted a huge number of year as Team Sawyer when I should have been Team Jack all along. Again, I'm a tit.


I'm all set for a Lost tattoo. Nothing as extreme as this little beauty but the numbers on my arm. I've also told Adam I'd like a Lost birthday cake this year with Jack and Charlie on it. I don't think it's going to happen though :( Oh and check out Lostpedia for all your Lost knowledge needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment