Sunday 22 August 2010

Day 18 – What is your take on people who self harm (cutting, burning, scratching etc etc.)

It's a cry for help and a pretty serious one that needs to be recognised by older generations more. I used to self harm and when I'm feeling stressed or down it's still something I get the urge to do, especially when I'm working, but I know now it's not the way to release stress or pressure, it's just another stress I don't need. It's a viscous circle for most people.

A lot of people think it's a really "emo" thing to do and that's crap, it can, and does, effect anyone. The resulting scars stay with you forever, I've still got a few fine razor scars on my arms, so anyone who was just doing it because they thought it was part of a being in a certain scene would be making a huge mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment