Saturday 7 August 2010

Ghost World

I know this is an old old old film but I saw it for the first time today and my god I loved it! I really want to run out and get the graphic novel now. Enid is a great character and I definitely connected with her indecisiveness and cynicism.

I also adored her clothes and think they've dated really well. Adam disagreed and said they were horrendous. When I told him this is how I dressed as a teenager he said "I know, that's how you looked when I met you." Haha, he obviously didn't mind too much or we wouldn't be getting married.

I'd also forgotten how much I used to love Brad Renfro. He's so cute in the film. Very sad that he's no longer with us.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*******
I'd be interested to know what others thought of the ending. I read it that she commits suicide. Norman gets on the bus that shouldn't exist and then so does she. I took to that mean they both died. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment