Thursday 12 August 2010

Day 8 – Do you think any drugs should be legalized? Do you think there should be an age for drinking?

I don't know much about the pros and cons of legalizing drugs but no, personally, I don't think they should be legalized. By legalizing something you are either saying it's fine or that it needs to be regulated somehow, both of which condone usage on some level and I don't agree with that.

I hate drugs and never touch them. I tried weed a couple of times a very long time ago and after it having no effect on me but seeing how retarded everyone else started acting I decided to stay well clear. I do have friends who socially use drugs and I'd never judge, what people choose to do with their bodies is up to them, and as long as I'm not directly effected by their actions I'm really not fussed but that doesn't mean I agree with their choices.

At the moment I don't drink and I've seen and experienced the consequences of too much alcohol. Essentially it is a drug and I probably wouldn't care if it was banned altogether (although I know there are larger issues around this). There should definitely be an age for drinking and I think it's fine as it is at 18.

2 comments:

  1. As a tee-total straight edger, I resonate entirely with the above. I personally neither like the taste of alcohol or the effect it has on me. Also, working within a media industry it's very much a sociable business, therefore meaning one is under pressure to partake in activities that revolve around drinking. On many occasions I do feel a little left out but it quickly subsides as I save plenty of money and my health in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. If people weren't so concerned about fitting in all the time and following the crowd I think alcohol and substance abuse would be much less. Society has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete